CHEMICAL AND PHARMACOLOGICAL EVALUATION OF MANGLICOLOUS LICHEN GRAPHIS AJAREKARII PATW. & C. R. KULK.
Keywords:manglicolous lichen, antioxidant, cancer, Sulforhodamine B assay
AbstractThe chemical examination of ethanolic extract of manglicolous lichen Graphis ajarekarii (Ga-Et) resulted in isolation of three known metabolites – chiodectonic acid (1), graphenone (2) and graphisquinone (3). All the isolates (1-3) and Ga-Et were screened against DPPH and superoxide free radicals, six different cancer cell lines and one normal human cell line (NHME). This work is the first report of antioxidant and cytotoxicity studies on the isolated metabolites (1-3).
- Nayaka S., Ingle K. K., Bajpai R., Rawal J. R., Upreti D. K. and Trivedi S. – Lichens of Gujarat state, India with special reference to coastal habitats, Current Research in Environmental & Applied Mycology 3 (2) (2013)222-229.
- Tatipamula V. B., Vedula G. S. and Murthy K. S. – A note on the occurrence of lichens on Vainateya Godavari mangroves in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh India, Studies in Fungi 3 (1) (2018)302-308.
- Tatipamula V. B., Vedula G. S., Rathod B. B., Shetty P. R. and Sastry A. V. S – Study of phytochemical analysis, total flavonoid and phenolic content, antimicrobial properties and chemical constituents of two manglicolous lichens extracts, Inventi Rapid: Planta Activa 2018 (3) (2018)129-134.
- Kumar J., Dhar P., Tayade A. B., Gupta D., Chaurasia O. P., Upreti D. K., Arora R. and Srivastava R. B. – Antioxidant capacities, phenolic profile and cytotoxic effects of saxicolous lichens from Trans-Himalayan cold desert of Ladakh, PLoS One 9 (6) (2014)e98696.
- Logesh A. R., Kalaiselvam M., Upreti D. K., Nayaka S. and Karthiresan K. – Mangroves-an abode for unique lichens, Cocasal Ecosystems of India – Special Publication (2013)39-44.
- Behera B. C., Adawadkar B. and Makhija U. – Tissue-culture of selected species of the Graphis lichen and their biological activities, Fitoterapia 77 (3) (2006)208-215.
- Pittayakhajonwut P., Sri-Indrasutdhi V., Dramae A., Lapanun S., Suvannakad R. and Tantichareon M. Graphisins A and B from the lichen Graphis tetralocularis, Aust J Chem 62 (4) (2009)389-391.
- Talluri M. R., Ketha A., Battu G. R., Tadi R. S. and Tatipamula V. B. – Protective nature of Aurelia aurita against free radicals and Streptozotocin-induced diabetes, Bangladesh J Pharmacol 13 (3) (2018) 287-295.
- Tatipamula V. B., Vedula G. S., Paidi K. R. and Annam S. S. P. – Nutraceutical value of lichens, Graphis ajarekarii and Parmotrema tinctorum and their implications in diabetes, Inventi Impact: Nutraceuticals, 2018 (3) (2018)189-194.
- Tatipamula V. B., Vedula G. S. – In vitro anti-inflammatory and cytotoxicity studies of two mangrove associated lichens, Dirinaria consimilis and Ramalina leiodea extracts, Hygeia J D Med 10 (1) (2018)16-26.
- Vichai V., Kirtikara K. – Sulforhodamine B colorimetric assay for cytotoxicity screening, Nat Protoc 1 (3) (2006)1112-1116.
- Sastry A. V. S., Vedula G. S. and Tatipamula V. B. – In-vitro biological profile of mangrove associated lichen, Roccella montagnei extracts, Inventi Impact: Ethnopharmacology 2018 (3) (2018)153-158.
- Tatipamula V. B., Kolli M. K., Lagu S. B., Paidi K. R., Reddy P. R. and Yejella R. P. – Novel indolizine derivatives lowers blood glucose levels in Streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats: A histopathological approach, Pharmacol Rep 71 (2) (2019)233-242.
Authors who publish with Vietnam Journal of Science and Technology agree with the following terms:
- The manuscript is not under consideration for publication elsewhere. When a manuscript is accepted for publication, the author agrees to automatic transfer of the copyright to the editorial office.
- The manuscript should not be published elsewhere in any language without the consent of the copyright holders. Authors have the right to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of their work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their websites) prior to or during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges or/and greater number of citation to the to-be-published work (See The Effect of Open Access).