Development of the C-band radiometer and use it for sea surface temperature research in Vietnam
How to Cite
The microwave (MW) sensors are being used widely on the ground based, airborne and satellite due to their advantage of being worked day/night and cloudy free. The MW radiometer (RDM) is an example of such passive MW device for remote measurement of environmental parameters as like soil moisture, sea surface temperatures. The satellite SMOS of ESA observing soil moisture and ocean salinity and satellite HYDROS of NASA are two examples of these devices.
This paper describes briefly the research method and some results based on the protocol cooperative project between Vietnam and Bulgarian namely "Development of the C band radiometer and use it for vegetation biomass and sea surface temperature research in Viet Nam" accomplished by the Space Technology Institute.
- N. Skou, Microwave Radiometer Systems: Design and Analysis, Artech House (1989).
- F. T. Ulaby, R. K. Moore, and A. K. Fung, Microwave Remote Sensing: Active and Passive, vol. I, Microwave
- Remote Sensing Fundamentals and Radiometery, Addison-Wesley Publishing, Reading, MA (1981).
- F.T. Ulaby, R.K. Moore, and A.K. Fung, Microwave Remote Sensing: Active and Passive, vol. III, From Theory
- to Applications, Artech House, Dedham, MA (1986).
- J. T. Johnson, Brightness Temperature of a Flat Water Surface, Project internal report, The Ohio State University,
- Feb, 2002 (2002).
- L. A. Klein and C. T. Swift, IEEE J. Oceanic Eng. OE-2 (1977) 104-111.
- K. G. Kostov and B. I. Vichev, Joint Bulgarian-Vietnamese Passive Microwave Remote Sensing Experiments in
- Vietnam, in Microwave Remote Sensing Laboratory Report, Institute of Electronics-BAS, Sofia, Bulgaria, Dec.
- , 1-17 (2006).
- K.G. Kostov, B.I. Vichev and D.M. Chung, Bulgarian-Vietnamese passive microwave experiments in Vietnam,
- in Institute of Electronics Annual Report 2006, Sofia, Bulgaria, 111-114 (2007).
- Doan Minh Chung, Nguyen Thanh Long, K.G. Kostov, B.I. Vichev, “Design and Development of a C-band Microwave
- Radiometer and Its Applications for Remote Sensing of Vegetation Cover and Sea Surface Environment
- in Vietnam”, report in 2008, Hanoi, Vietnam (2008).
- K.G. Kostov, “Remote Sensing Experiments in Vietnam Using X-band Dicke-type radiometer”, in Microwave
- Remote Sensing Laboratory Report, Institute of Electronics-BAS, Sofia, Bulgaria, March 2010, 1-17 (2010).