Organic - Inorganic Hybrid Luminescent Composite for Solid-state Lighting
- Solid state lighting,
- organic and inorganic hybrid composite,
- white light-emitting diodes.
How to Cite
White light emitting diodes (WLEDs) made by coating organic and inorganic hybrid composites on blue LED chips. Y3Al5O12:Ce (YAG:Ce) nano inorganic powder prepared by low-temperature Sol-Gel method exhibited broad green emission with the peak at 521 nm. Poly[2-methoxy-5-(2'-ethyl-hexyloxy)-1,4-phenylene vinylene] (MEH-PPV) polymer has high luminescence efficiency and red emission peak at 590 nm. The white light was obtained by mixing blue light from emission of the blue LED chip - Indium Gallium Nitride (InGaN) and green-red light from the fluorescence of nano- YAG:Ce and MEH-PPV polymer hybrid composite. The hybrid nanocomposite-based WLEDs exhibited broad band emission spectra from blue light to red wavelengths and provided the white light with a CIE-1931 coordinate of x = 0.2986, y = 0.2620 and a colour rendering index Ra = 84.36. The results suggest a potential application of nanocomposite based WLEDs in efficient solid-state lighting.
- J. Y. Tsao (Member, IEEE), M. E. Coltrin, M. H. Crawford (Member, IEEE), and J. A. Simmons, Solid-State Lighting: An Integrated Human Factors, Technology and Economic Perspective, Proceedings of the IEEE (2009).
- Y. T. Lin, T. W. Zeng, W. Z. Lai, C. W. Chen, Y. Y. Lin,Y. S. Chang, W. F. Su, Nanotechnology 17 (2006) 5781.
- N. C. Chen, C. M. Lin, Y. K. Yang, C. Shen, T. W. Wangi, M. C. Wu, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 47 (2008) 8779.
- Analysis of LED Technologies for Solid State Lighting Markets by Emmanuel Chao, A report submitted in partial satisfaction of the requirements for the degree of Master of Engineering in Engineering - Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences in the Graduate Division of the University of California, Berkeley.
- Multi-Year Program Plan FY’09-FY’15 Solid-State Lighting Research and Development. March 2009, U.S.Department of Energy.
- S. A. Carter, J. C. Scott, J. Brock, J. Appl. Phys. 71(9) (1997) 1145.
- M. Yamada, T. Mitani, Y. Narukawa, S. Shioji, I. Niki, S. Sonobe, K. Deguchi, M. Sano and T. Mukai, JPN. J. Appl. Phys. 41 (2002) L1431-L1433.
- F. J. P. Schuurmans, M. D. Pashley, Light (IEEE J. on Selected topics in quantum electronics) 8, No. 2 (2002) 333.
- L. Chen, C. C. Lin, C. W. Yeh, R. S. Liu, Light Converting Inorganic Phosphors for White Light-Emitting Diodes, Materials 3 (2010) 2172-2195.
- Chung DN, Dinh NN, Duong PH, Tuan CA, White light emission from InGaN LED chip covered with MEH-PPV polymer film. Proc. 6th Vietnam National Conference on Solid state Physics and Materials Science (SPMS-2009), Da Nang, Vietnam, 8-10 November 2009: 332-335.
- Dinh NN, Chung DN, Duong PH, Characterization of Hybrid Composites of Nano YAG:Ce-CdSe/ZnS Quantum Dots and Conjugate Polymer Used for Solid State Lighting, International Journal of Engineering and Technology (IJET) – Volume 2 No. 7 July (2012) 1111-1115.