About the Journal
Aims and Scope
Vietnam Journal of Earth Sciences is a peer-reviewed journal sponsored by the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology to publish high-quality original and review articles on the entire range of Earth Sciences, focused on Vietnam and the Asia Pacific region, and their correlations and connections on the globe. The journal publishes fundamental and applied research in Earth Sciences, including geology, geophysics, geography, soil, hydrology, meteorology, oceanography, petroleum, geohazards, environmental geosciences, and sustainable development, geoinformatics, geodesy, GIS, and remote sensing.
Free of Charge for authors and readers
Why Read and Submit:
The first source for Vietnam earth Sciences and surrounding region; Fast and constructive reviewed by international scientists; Free of charge for authors and readers
How to cite: Vietnam J. Earth Sci.
License: Vietnam Journal of Earth Sciences is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License
Peer Review Process
Double-blind reviews are applied for Vietnam Journal of Earth Sciences.
1. After accepting the manuscript as matching to the scope and format of the Journal, Editor-in-Chief and assistant editors choose two independent Reviewers. The selected reviewers have to guarantee:
- Specialist in the field;
- Autonomous opinion;
- the lack of interests conflicts – especially the lack of personal and business relations with the authors of the paper;
- the preservation of confidentiality of the paper content and the reviewer's opinion of the article.
2. Assistant editor sends to review the paper. Reviewers receive the full text of the manuscript (without author personal data) qualified for the reviewing process and referee form, supplemented with the additional questions connected with the article. The assistant editor also determines the extent of the review and the deadline (a month).
3. If 2 Review's opinion is different, editor-in-chief will choose 3rd reviewer.
4. The personal data of reviewers are not open (double-blind review).
5. The reviewer sends the review to the editorial board. After receiving the review the assistant editor:
- inform authors about it (in the case of the review without corrections or when there are only small).
-send the reviews to authors. Authors have to correct the paper according to reviewers comment and prepare the reply to Reviewers.
- send the paper corrected by authors to reviewers again – when the reviewer wanted to review it again.
7. The final decision about the manuscript is made by the Editor-in-Chief based on the analysis of remarks contained in the review and advice of option editor. Accepted manuscript will be edited by option editor and corrected by English editors.
8. The final version of the manuscript, after typesetting and text makeup is being sent to authors, who make an author corrections. Afterward, the paper is ready to be published.
9. REVIEW GUIDELINE: Review Guideline can be download from here.
Vietnam Journal of Earth Sciences publishes 4 issues per year in March, June, September, and December.